Order Your Yearbook!
Make Payments to buy your Yearbook!
If you order your Yearbook online through the banner above you can make small payments instead of paying for it all at once. See details at check out! Get your Yearbook soon! There are only about 100 left!
Add your Photos to Yearbook!
Tools for Parents and Students
Tools for Teachers and Staff
Food and Nutrition Services
Please visit the district's Food and Nutrition Services page to register online for meal benefits.
You can also access nutrition calculators, school menus, lesson plans, and other helpful links.
Regular Weekly Schedule
LATE START MONDAY (5 minute passing)
STAFF Meetings 7:45-8:34
Period 1 8:39-9:23
Period 2 9:28-10:12
Period 3 10:17-11:01
Period 4 11:06-11:50
Period 5 12:32-1:16
Period 6 1:21-2:05
Period 7 2:10-2:50
TUES/THURS (5 minutes passing)
Period 1 7:55-9:37
Period 3 9:42-11:24
Period 5 12:06-1:48
Period 7 1:53-2:45
WED/FRI (5 minutes passing)
Period 2 7:55-9:37
Period 4 9:42-11:24
Period 6 12:06-1:48
Period 7 1:53-2:45
Week at a Glance
Field Trip to Frida Kahlo Theater
Not Everything in LIfe Is Free . . . But Breakfast Is!!
All students are eligible for free breakfast at the cafeteria and our new breakfast vending machines.
How to Use the New Free Vending Machine
This text will be replaced
All Are Welcome!
SOUTH EL MONTE HIGH SCHOOL FISHING CLUB
Every Tuesday and Thursday
Eagles Go Pink!
Fall Rally 2014
Congratulations to November Students of the Month
Come and see what's new at the
No news posted
South El Monte High School Discrimination Policy
SOUTH EL MONTE HIGH SCHOOL
Reaffirms its policy of the
ELIMINATION OF DISCRIMINATION
DENIAL OF SERVICE
on the basis of any protected class:
RACE, COLOR, RELIGION,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, SEX
FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY STATUS,
VETERAN STATUS, AND GENETIC INFORMATION
Questions or complaints should be directed to:
MR. OSCAR CISNEROS
MR. JOEL KYNE
Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
MR. EDWARD ZUNIGA
Assistant Superintendent, Personnel
EL MONTE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
ESCUELA SECUNDARIA SOUTH EL MONTE
Reafirma su póliza
SOBRE LA ELIMINACION DE DISCRIMINACION
O DENEGACION DE SERVICIOS
a base de cualquier clase protegida:
LA RAZA, EL COLOR, LA RELIGION, EL ORIGEN, LA EDAD, EL SEXO, EL ESTADO FALIMIAR,
LA ORIENTACION SEXUAL, LA IDENTIDAD DE GENERO, INCAPACIDAD, EL ESTADO DE VETERANO,
E INFORMACION GENETICA
Preguntas deberan ser dirigidas a:
SR. OSCAR CISNEROS
SR. JOEL KYNE
Superintendente Auxiliar de Servicios Educacionales
SR. EDWARD ZUNIGA
Superintendente Auxiliar de Empleados
EL DISTRITO ESCOLAR DE EL MONTE ES UNA INSTITUCION DE
OPORTUNIDAD IGUAL / CON ACCION AFIRMATIVA
Title IX Compliance
“No person...shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 The El Monte Union High School District Board of Trustees is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education.
No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of sex, ethnic group identification, race, national origin, religion, color, mental or physical disability, or any basis that is contained in...Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code (includes sexual orientation and gender identity as protected categories)...”
California Education Code Section 220
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is one of several federal and state anti-discrimination laws that ensure equality in education. Title IX law prohibits discrimination, harassment, exclusion, denial, limitation or separation based on sex or gender. Title IX applies to males and females in any educational institution receiving federal financial assistance.
California Education Code Sections 200 through 282 and El Monte Union High School District Board Policy prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or gender. Title IX requires that every school district or institution have a Title IX Coordinator (Compliance Officer) to whom concerns or complaints regarding sexual discrimination can be made.
Complaint Process (BP/AR/E 1312.3 Uniform Complaint Procedures)
• Take your verbal or written Title IX complaint to a Compliance Officer within six (6) months from the date the incident occurred. This will begin the formal investigation process, which must be completely resolved within sixty (60) days of the receipt of the complaint.
• Within three (3) days of receiving the complaint, the Compliance Officer may informally discuss with all parties the possibility of using mediation. If mediation is not used, or if mediation does not resolve the problem within the parameters of the law, the Compliance Officer shall proceed with his/her investigation.
• Within ten (10) days of receiving the complaint, the Compliance Officer shall provide you and/or your representative with the opportunity to present your complaint and any evidence to support the allegations in the complaint.
• Within thirty (30) days of receiving the complaint, the Compliance Officer shall prepare and send to you a written report of the district’s investigation and decision.
• If you are dissatisfied with the Compliance Officer’s decision, you may file your complaint with the Board of Trustees within five (5) days of receiving the Compliance Officer’s decision. If the Board hears the complaint, the Compliance Officer shall send the Board’s decision to you within the 60-day timeline.
• If you are not satisfied with the District’s response, you may appeal their decision by writing or calling the California Department of Education.
Where Can I Obtain Further Information Or Assistance?
• At Your School:
Contact Mr. Oscar Cisneros, Principal of South El Monte High School
• At The District Office:
Call or write to:
El Monte Union High School District
3537 Johnson Avenue
El Monte, California 91731
Mr. Joel Kyne
Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services (for student matters)
Mr. Edward Zuniga
Assistant Superintendent, Personnel (for personnel matters)